HOW SOLAR WATER HEATING WORKS
SunEarth offers a variety of solar hot water heating solutions that allow you to use the sun’s power to provide hot water for all your needs.
A solar hot water system is really quite simple. You’re using the sun’s energy to heat a solar collector full of solar fluid which then transfers that heat into your home’s hot water tank. The solar fluid in the system protects against freezing.
- When there is sufficient heat to be drawn from the collectors, a controller automatically turns the system on and activates pumps.
- Heated solar fluid is then circulated from the collector…
- through a heat exchanger where its heat is transferred to…
- Water in the solar storage tank.
- Solar heated water in the solar storage tank is then drawn into the main water heater.
This circulation loop will continue as long as there is heat to be drawn from the collector. When there is little or no sun, the main water heater will still function providing ample hot water for your home.